Monday 16 January 2012

NYC Wish List


P12573_hero
My lips have been chronically dry this winter (even my trusted Blistex isn't hitting the mark) so I am super excited to try this out in Sephora. I've heard brilliant things about it from Vex in The City and The Gloss Goss. You can order them from Mankind, Feel Unique etc but I'd like to have a look 'in person'. Plus, online in the UK they are about £7 each, whereas in Sephora, they are $7.50, which will save me about £2 per tube. Not a massive saving, but every penny counts!



P302916_hero
I can't make up my mind about this. I bought the original NAKED palette last time I was there & it was a bit cheaper than buying it in the UK. It sits in my kit and is fab for brides. I'm not sure this is going to be worth another spend and in Sephora it's $50, which is about the same price as the UK. Hmmm *thinks*



P301016_hero

This is a no brainer. Laura Mercier tinted moisturisers have become a staple in my bridal kit & my own makeup bag. In the UK, 40mls costs £33, which stings a bit, but it's so fab I don't grudge paying it. However, browsing through Sephora online, I've found a 'Super Size' version, which is 3.4oz (100.5mls) costing $58 (roughly £38). This is more than double the UK size, which to buy here a 100mls would be £82.50! Saving about £46. Brilliant!


P231113_hero

I meant to buy this the last time I was in the US, but never got round to committing. I regularly do tattoo & birthmark cover-ups and whilst I'm not sure it's the absolute best concealer out there, but I've regretted not giving it a go, so will be picking it up. Probably.


002_71
I love me a pair of RayBans and since buying my gold aviators a couple of years ago, they've barely been off my face. I've written before about sunshine in Scotland (particularly in the winter), it's always low & in your eyes. I wear sunglasses ALL THE TIME so when I'm 50 i wont have prune like eyes. Invest people! The gold frames I have just now look great with my colouring, but I do ache for a pair of proper dark black shades, so will be picking up a pair. Buying them in the US instead of here will save me about £20-£30.


1233648_fpx.tif

As many of you will know, the trip to NYC is for my birthday (30 grrrrrr) and my lovely family & friends have been very generous by giving me some money to spend on something special. I'm not 100% sure what I'll get (and my research will probably include a whizz round Tiffany's) but I love the look of this watch! I already have a couple of large watches from MK and Fossil, but they are both round & thought this was a little different. I particularly love the fun of the black & colours. From what I can see on the Bloomingdales website, you pick the 'head' and the strap seperately. Does anyone know if this is how it works instore too?



1235607_fpx.tif

I adore MK's uhhmmmmm 'aesthetic'? 'ethos'? I'm not sure what it's called - you know; the white t-shirt, jeans & leather sandals basic style of his designs, so where better to invest in a good, basic tan leather bag. Love!


Screen shot 2012-01-15 at 09.04.25

I don't even know what to say about this bag. Ever since I saw it online a couple of weeks ago, I've thought about it hourly. It's like Ms Spade looked inside my head & made my perfect bag. Incredible.

This is just a selection of the things I *really* want to check out whilst I'm there. There are 100 other places I have on my list to go (MAC Pro store is 1st!). I will do some 'haul' (hate that word!) posts once I'm home. In the meantime, if you know of anywhere I should definitely go, hook me up!!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE that Michael Kors Tan leather bag! Have a Fab time!! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. A quick warning on the Laura Mercier primer. A lot of the Sephora super-sized products are only available ordering online. I learned that lesson the hard way trying to buy the super sized Philosophy cleanser in store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a bunch for sharing this with all people you really know what you're talking approximately! Bookmarked. Please additionally discuss with my web site =). We will have a hyperlink change agreement among us!
    Dorman 34237 HELP! Air Conditioning Bypass Pulley

    ReplyDelete