Thursday 29 April 2010

La Roche-Posay Makeup Remover

This was an accidental purchase arising from a 3 for 2 offer at Boots. I was vaguely looking for a new MU remover, following an episode with me and Clinique's 'Take the Day Off' Lids, Lips and Lashes formula. I purchased the Clinique product after a recommendation by Tanya Burr (Pixi2woo for you YT'ers) and whilst I agree that it is amazing and removes every sinlge tiny trace of makeup, it left my lids with a slight oily feeling which I found hard to apply makeup onto. So, although I still have my Clinique and will love it and use it on occassion, I needed something a bit more day-to-day.


Enter La Roche-Posay. I became aware of this brand about a year ago, but as it wasn't stocked anywhere near me, it was a bit of a non-starter. Now, my local Boots stock it and the prices are fairly reasonable (from £8 +)- I had expected them to be much higher.


I picked up the Physiological Micellar Solution, which claims to remove all traces of lip, eye and face makeup, whilst still suitable for sensitive skins. The light, non-oily texture of this solution means there is no rinsing required either, so can just be applied with a cotton wool pad. It is free from parabens, alcohol, dyes and soaps.


My skin, which is dramatically reactive to any change in skincare routine, has drunk this up without any issues and I'm onto my 2nd bottle. Since I've started using it, I wash my face less with water (except on days when I exfoliate) and I really think it's helping. My skin is much calmer, my hormonal spots seem to be going away from a flare up last month and it is much less oily! Unfortunately, it is unavailable to buy on Boots.com just now, so I can't give you the exact price, but I recall it was around £8-£10 I think. Other products in the range can be seen on the Boots website or visit the La Roche-Posay website for a look at their full line.

I will definitely be picking up more in this range!

Pic from La Roche-Posay website

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to give this a try. I also don't enjoy the oiliness left by alot of eye make-up removers but I need something pretty good to wipe off all the layers!

    ReplyDelete